teach2play™ is the revolutionary new series of DVD videos from teach2talk™ designed to help teach play skills both to children with autism and other developmental disorders and to all other children who need assistance with their play skills.
Play skills are an important component of every child's socialization and of their linguistic, emotional and cognitive development. Furthermore, improved play skills lead to improved language skills.
Our four DVD volume teach2play™ series:
- teaches play skills in a systematic way, based on our "play ladder" which organizes play skills into developmentally–appropriate, progressive steps
- uses video modeling, a powerful teaching tool which research has shown can be an effective method to teach many children, including children with autism and other developmental disorders
- was created by a practicing speech language pathologist based on her clinical experience, her personal research into teaching play skills to children through video modeling, and her review of the peer–reviewed research of others
- was designed by a professional to be used by parents on their own without outside assistance
The four DVDs in the teach2play™ series progress from the most basic play skills on our play ladder through the most advanced. The four DVD titles are:
- teach2play™ Volume 1 - Basic Play
- teach2play™ Volume 2 - Core Play
- teach2play™ Volume 3 - Intermediate Play
- teach2play™ Volume 4 - Advanced Play
To view a video explaining the developmental importance of play and how our teach2play series can help teach play skills to children with autism and other developmental disabilities, click here.
To view a video showing you best practices for using our teach2play series of video modeling DVDs with your child(ren), click here.
For a list of the toys modeled in each step of our play ladder, click here.